What is a paring knife?
A paring knife is a little all-purpose knife for peeling, shaping and other small or elaborate work like de-veining a shrimp, removing seeds ‘skinning’, scoring or cutting small garnishes.
Cooks and Knives
I like knives; I think every cook does. They are one of the essential pieces for cooking. You can cook with any knife, yes, but a good paring knife makes a difference. If you want to slice something fragile or create a shape, you need right edges.
I usually buy my paring knife in the store, I like to feel the handle and the weight but in this occasion and taking advantage of the miles I have accumulated in business trips bought the best set I have ever had.
I got the set through the Swiss Miles and More program. They run daily deals on high-quality Swiss products, and when I saw the knives kit, I got trapped by the colourful handlers.
Swiss Classic Utility Block
Swiss Brand Victorinox is famous for their swiss knives, but they also have a broad range of other sharp products.
A week after ordering, I got the order at home. I was very excited to try the set, so I opened it immediately. The kit has six pieces:
- Swiss Classic Steak and Pizza Knife, wavy edge, 12 cm: don’t get misled by the fact is a curved edge. The knife can cut anything from steak to bread or pizza.
- Swiss Classic Tomato and Table Knife, wavy edge, 11 cm: This is an excellent knife for shaping or cutting very thinly.
- Swiss Classic Paring Knife, pointed tip, 10 cm, pink. A good knife for peeling with high mobility and angles.
- Swiss Classic Paring Knife, wavy edge, pointed tip, 8 cm: This is paring with a curved edge, rare to see but still useful. Use it for shaping or cutting hard things like hard fruits like lime, for example.
- Swiss Classic Paring Knife, pointed tip, 8 cm, orange: A classic paring knife with countless applications.
- Universal Peeler, serrated edge, yellow: Despite being a one-point peeler, it is easy to operate. Perhaps a bit big for a small hand like mine.
They all come in a white block with a fluffy yet stuffy material that let you put the knives anywhere.
Why you will love this set of Victorinox set with the best Paring Knife
- Versatility: Unless you need to cut a big piece of meat or fish you can do the most of your cooking with them.
- Colour code: After a few days you will quickly identify each knife by the colour
- Edges: extremely sharp and they don’t unsharpen easily.
- Hygiene: Having five knives allow you to change the blade every time I cut a product bypassing the need to wash it and by extension, avoiding the dangerous cross-contamination.
- Durability: I have put the knives under pressure, and they always respond. These knives don’t bend, get rusty or whatsoever. It is true Swiss Quality.
The Swiss Classic Utility Block is a quality set that can be used by amateur and professional chefs. It has become an indispensable piece in my kitchen.
Warning: The knives are so sharp that the minimal error will cost you a cut. Either buy a cutting glove or be extremely attentive when you use them. I warned you.
These knives cost me a few wounds in my fingers, but I have sworn eternal love to them.
Have you tried this or other sets of Victorinox? Comment below
This post doesn’t have the sole purpose of generating revenue, but it contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you buy something, I might get a small commission. That helps me maintains the hosting and keep recommending cool products and restaurants. Thank you.