In this version of the popular takeaway dish, cauliflower replaces the rice and the dish is still delicious. This vegetable-based rice may be found in the refrigerated portion of your supermarket’s produce department or in the frozen section of the frozen food aisle. To create your own, pulverize cauliflower florets in a food processor until the particles are the size of rice grains till the texture is similar to rice.
Cauliflower fried rice with chickenCourse: Recipes, Rice
1 head cauliflower (5- to 6-inch diameter)
1 lb. ground chicken
2 large eggs
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon ginger root (grated)
7 teaspoons sesame oil
1 cup peas and carrots (frozen)
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Cauliflower rice may be made by chopping the cauliflower into bits. Pulse the cauliflower in batches in a food processor until it has a grainy texture, similar to rice, then set aside. The amount of cauliflower rice used in this dish is around 5 cups.
- If you have any remaining, put it aside for another project or use it right away. Place the cauliflower in a glass basin with 1/4 cup water and microwave for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Microwave for another 5 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Your riced cauliflower is now ready to be used in your recipe.
- Using a wok or big pan, cook the ingredients over medium-high heat. 1 teaspoon sesame oil should be added. Add the scrambled eggs and scramble them rapidly. Place the eggs on a platter and put them away. Cook the chicken, garlic, ginger, peas, and carrots in 2 teaspoons sesame oil until the chicken is no longer pink. Stir-fry for approximately 5 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
- While the veggies and chicken combination is cooking, whisk together the soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl until well combined.
- Stir in the cauliflower when the sauce, chicken, and cauliflower combination have been combined. Continue to cook for another minute or two. Return the cooked eggs to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Serve with spicy sauce and, if preferred, more soy sauce on top.
Nutritional Facts of Cauliflower fried rice with chicken
- Calories per serving: 304
- Fat per serving: 17g
- Saturated fat per serving: 4g
- Carbs per serving: 14g
- Protein per serving: 26g
- Fiber per serving: 5g
- Sugar per serving: 4g
- Sodium per serving: 697mg
- Cholesterol per serving: 96mg
What is causing my cauliflower fried rice to go soggy?
If you cook Cauliflower fried rice with chicken for an extended period of time, it will turn mushy and soggy. Take note of the following advice: Riced cauliflower gets softer and more tender when it is quickly cooked on the stovetop in a little amount of butter or olive oil.
Is it possible to lose weight by eating cauliflower fried rice with chicken?
Is fried rice beneficial in terms of weight loss? Fried rice is normally high in fat and carbohydrates, but this low-fat version is excellent for weight-loss efforts! You can easily stuff it full of vegetables and protein, making it a fantastic weight-loss-friendly dinner to boot!
Can you tell me what cauliflower rice tastes like?
Cauliflower fried rice with chicken does not have the flavor of genuine rice; instead, it has the flavor of cauliflower florets, which have a mild, faintly cabbage flavor, similar to that of most brassica vegetables. Its delicate taste is overshadowed by whatever seasonings you choose, whether it’s soy sauce or parmesan cheese.
Is it true that cauliflower rice makes you fat?
Cauliflower contains a number of characteristics that may be beneficial for weight reduction. First and foremost, it is low in calories, containing just 25 calories per cup, allowing you to consume large quantities without gaining weight. Besides that, it may be used as a low-calorie replacement for high-calorie meals such as rice and wheat.
Is cauliflower beneficial in the weight-loss process?
Cauliflower is a very nutritious vegetable that has a high concentration of vitamins and minerals. Also included inside it are unique plant components that have been shown to lower the risk of a variety of ailments, including heart disease and cancer. Additionally, it is beneficial for weight reduction and is really simple to include into your diet.
Is cauliflower rice compatible with the Keto diet?
When it comes to carbs, cauliflower is a low-carb vegetable, which makes cauliflower rice an excellent option for those following a ketogenic diet. The carbohydrate content of one cup of white rice is around 45 grams, but one cup of cauliflower rice includes just 2 grams of carbs.