Hot Buffalo chicken dip is a sinfully creamy, tasty, and delectable snack that is filled with the flavors of hot wings! The ideal comfort dish for any special event or celebration.
Our creamy hot buffalo chicken dip recipe, which includes a dash of butter and garlic, is a certain favorite no matter where you serve it. It doesn’t get much simpler than this when you use rotisserie chicken to cut down on cooking time!
Hot buffalo chicken dip
It is a tasty dip made using buffalo chicken.
In light of the increasing popularity of our wonderfully crispy Buffalo Wings, we thought we’d share another buffalo chicken dish with you. Lorelai, one of our most beloved and devoted readers, has inspired us to make this dip, particularly for her… Buffalo Wing fan number one, hands down! Lorelai, I’m hoping you like it! A timeless American classic, handcrafted with care specifically for you.
Advice on how to create the finest hot buffalo chicken dip
Softening cream cheese that is close to room temperature Remove it from the refrigerator for at least 20-30 minutes before cooking. Once it’s been put into the heated skillet, it will continue to soften.
Pre-cooked (rotisserie) chicken should be used. Using two forks, shred and pull apart the meat, or cut into cubes.
Skillet made of cast iron. A cast-iron skillet or oven-proof pan is used for this recipe, which prepares and bakes your dip. If you don’t have either of them, you may cook all of the ingredients according to the recipe directions in a conventional saucepan on the stovetop, then transfer the buffalo dip mixture to a 1-quart (1-litre) baking dish and proceed from there.
Change the percentage of spice used. Buffalo dip is a popular appetizer among children since it is not too hot. However, you may either HALF the quantity of hot sauce used for a milder dip or ADD MORE for a spicier dip if desired. You make the decision!
Hot buffalo chicken dip recipesCourse: Recipes, Restaurant Reviews, Sauces u0026amp; Dips
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 cups cooked chicken shredded
1/2 cup Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce
8 oz (250g) g block cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup white Cheddar cheese freshly shredded
1/4 cup American cheddar freshly shredded
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional to serve)
2 teaspoons green onions, sliced ( or chives)
Celery sticks carrot sticks, tortilla chips, crusty bread pieces, potato chips, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Arrange an oven rack in the center of your oven and turn it on.
- Melt the butter in an 8-inch cast-iron skillet (or an ovenproof pan) over medium-high heat until it begins to foam. Garlic should be sautéed until aromatic (30 seconds). Continue to cook until the sauce has thickened and reduced by half, then remove the chicken and set aside (about 2 minutes).
- Reduce the heat to low and toss in the cream cheese until it is well incorporated. Remove from heat, mix in sour cream, and sprinkle both cheddar cheese(s) over the top before serving.
- Bake until the edges of the dish are bubbling and the cheese has melted (about 10 minutes). Add another minute of broiling (or grilling) to get a browned top.
- Garnish with blue cheese and green onions as soon as it is ready. With veggie sticks, chips, and crusty bread pieces for dipping, this dish is complete.
What foods go well with hot buffalo chicken dip?
This is such a flexible dip that it may be served with almost anything at all! Celery sticks, carrot sticks, red bell pepper sticks (capsicum sticks), sliced cucumber, crusty bread pieces, tortilla chips, and potato chips are some of our favorite snacks.
What ingredients are used in hot buffalo chicken dip?
- Sour cream with Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce (optional). You may also use ranch dressing as a substitute.
- Use Philadelphia cream cheese instead of a block of cream cheese (not spreadable)
- Cheddar cheese: I really like a blend of white cheddar and American cheddar. Sharp cheddar, Colby-Jack cheese, or a Tex-Mex combination are all good options.
- The use of blue cheese is entirely optional. If you’re not a fan of it, you may leave it out of the recipe.
- Green onions, thinly sliced (can sub with chives).