Is Hollandaise sauce Keto?
This is the question that is on many people’s minds these days? We all know that there is nothing like a good sauce with eggs benedict, but is it keto-friendly? It is true that most types of sauces are not necessarily low in carbs or calories, and this includes an egg yolk-enriched hollandaise sauce. There are ways to make your favourite meals keto-friendly by adjusting small things like adding more healthy fats (e.g., avocado) instead of breadcrumbs for crunchy texture or using almond milk instead of cream in your coffee drinks.
This dip is low carb high fat, and the best part is that is quick to make.
How To Make Hollandaise Sauce Low Carb?
Is Hollandaise Sauce Keto? And recipeCourse: Keto, Low carb, Recipes, Sauces & DipsCuisine: EuropeanDifficulty: Medium
Hollandaise Sauce is a creamy and ketogenic-friendly dressing to accompany meats and salmon.
4 Egg Yolks
¼ cup lemon juice (about two lemons)
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
Pinch cayenne pepper, optional
¾ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a microwave-safe bowl or in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the egg yolks and lemon juice to the butter and whisk until well combined.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and cook for 30 seconds, then whisk again. Repeat this process until the mixture is thickened and has reached a temperature of 160F/71C. If you are using a saucepan, cook over low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly, or until it reaches 160F/71C.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a water bath.
Is hollandaise sauce keto? Yes is ketogenic, gluten-free and grain-free. It is also dairy-free if you use vegan butter or olive oil in place of the butter. There are plenty of variations on the recipe that can make it more keto-friendly. For example, you could use avocado oil or olive oil instead of butter, and erythritol or stevia instead of sugar. So if you’re looking for a delicious breakfast or brunch option, hollandaise is definitely worth trying!