Does rice make you fat?
Some people will say yes, others no. In my own experience, wild rice has proven to be very helpful to keep weight on his mark.
Wild rice, which is less starchy by nature than Jasmin, Basmati or another sort of rice, can be tricky to cook and if not done correctly is easy to hate it.
With this steamed wild rice recipe that uses Thermomix, you will get perfectly steamed rice which is the closest you will see to white starchy, glutinous rice. Perfect if you are doing any sort of diet. You can also cook rice in a rice pot or a simple pot, just make sure you add x2.5 water to the amount of rice and 5-8 more minutes cooking.
Perfectly Steamed Wild rice – ThermomixCourse: diet food, healthy food, wild rice, side dish, sidesCuisine: diet, healthy foodDifficulty: Easy
Wild rice is a healthier version of rice and cooking it right is fundamental to get all its taste. This is a simple recipe using the Thermomix that will produce fluffy and delicious wild rice
200 gr. Wild Rice
Water to cook
- Put the rice in Thermomix basket and rinse it under the water for 1 minute.
- Put water in the bowl until just below the rice and put the basket inside the thermomix bowl.
- Cook for 21 minutes, temperature 100, speed 4.
- Let it rest and steam for 5 minutes after cooking is finished.
- Serve immediately .
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories101
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 3mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.