Here is a delicious and healthy recipe of Tomato soup made on the Thermomix.
Thermomix is great for soups because it can one, cook at a constant temperature without burning the contents and second because it can blend at a very high speed making soups really fine.
This soup is a perfect starter or complement to any meal but is an especially great combined with a grilled cheese sandwich.
It is tasty and a bit spicy and It will only take you half an hour to produce 6 portions which make it ideal for meal prep.
Spiced Tomato Soup – ThermomixCourse: SoupsCuisine: healthy food, internationalDifficulty: Easy
Tomato soup is a classic of international cuisine. This version is spiced and delicious to start a meal or to side a sandwich
1 Big onion
1kg Red Soft tomatoes
4 Garlic cloves
1 fresh red chilli
30g olive oil
Spices: Turmeric, Cumin powder, sweet paprika
1 Stock cube
25g Light or full cream
Salt and black pepper
- Put 1 big onion,1 chilli and 4 garlic cloves in the Thermomix
- Add 30 ml olive oil
- Blend 5 secs speed 6 and scrap the sides
- Cook 5 mins, temperature 120, speed 1.5
- Add tomatoes, stock powder or paste, 2tsp paprika, black pepper, salt, a pinch of 2 tsp cumin and 2 tsp turmeric.
- Add 20g of brown sugar.
- Add 500 ml. hot water
- Cook 23 minutes, temperature 100, speed 1.5 reverse
- Add cooking cream
- Blend it for one minute gradually going to speed 9
- Try it and add more salt/pepper/spicy if needed
- Tip: add some chorizo with the onion and garlic for a magic twist
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories101
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 3mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.